Job Title: Developer II – Data Integration Engineer
Our client, one of the fastest-growing non-profit health plans in the nation, is looking for a Developer with strong engineering experience to help with their systems and data integration. In this role, you’ll perform hands-on activities and research of tools to better understand integration requirements. We’re looking for someone with considerable knowledge of healthcare interoperable standards such as HL7 v2/v3, as well as semantic nomenclatures like RxNorm, LOINC, ICD 10, and others. You’ll also bring strong technical support skills to the table and a vast knowledge of network protocols including load balancing, web servers, web services, and REST.
Our client has a winning team culture and rewards team members for their contribution. Located in Rancho Cucamonga near major freeways, you’ll work in a brand-new facility that includes free parking, a weekly car wash, quiet rooms and a large cafeteria that serves Starbucks coffee! Comp packages include salary, bonus, and benefits package valued at 35% of annual salary – not to mention multiple paid holidays and multiple PTO days each year.
As our Data Integration Engineer:
- You will report to the Data Integration Manager and work with the integration team to understand integration requirements for connecting to other healthcare systems
- You’ll format HL7 files including ADT, ORM, RDE, VXU and others
- You will study data sources by interviewing users; define, analyze, and validate data objects; and identify the relationship among data objects
- You will also plan the data integration process, deliver data integration
In addition, you will:
- Develop common definitions of sourced data, design common keys in physical data structure
- Examine data applications, determine best-fit data interchange methods, and assess middleware tools for integration, transformation, and routing
- Develop project scope and specifications, identify factors that might adversely affect integration forecast resource requirements and establish delivery timetables
- Implement shared databases and integrate data shared across legacy, new development, and purchased package environments
- Develop system modification specifications, map data, establish interfaces
- Develop and modify functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures for ETL processes
- Work to consistently meet performance variables
- Work to resolve issues, escalating where necessary
- Communicate effectively with users, operations staff, and external vendors, delegating tasks and facilitating tasks as appropriate
- Document operational procedures, improve physical design, and rewrite data policy, standards, and procedures
- Improve data integration through design and evaluation of new interchange formats
- Develop and execute test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware
- Ensure privacy and security of PHI according to policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Public or Business Administration, or Healthcare, or minimum 6 years of related experience
- 3 years of in-depth experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL)
- Functional knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, stored procedures, and query writing
- Strong familiarity with programming languages including Java, C#, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT healthcare including FHIR standards and implementation/adoption progression
- Familiarity with HIPAA compliance and healthcare applications
- Experience with healthcare workflows and HL7 (V.2/V.3) interface development
- Prior experience using an HL7 message validation tool such as 7Edit or HL7 Inspector
- Knowledge of segments, fields and data and message types
- Prior experience working with interface engines
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, documentation, interpersonal)
- Ability to understand, break down and convey complex technical information into unambiguous details
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.