Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to handle the global configuration, management and troubleshooting of their internal and external network connections. Here, you will maximize network performance, take the lead in selected IT infrastructure projects, and establish security standards, fully optimizing operations to the highest degree.
This company has a very collaborative and friendly environment and culture, and you’ll have the opportunity to participate in migrations to newer technologies. The President is approachable and down-to-earth, and employee well-being is taken very seriously – you’ll enjoy a terrific work/life balance and won’t be held to long hours.
As our Senior Network Engineer:
- You will design, install, configure, and maintain Cisco-based core, edge, and desktop networking and firewall devices
- You’ll monitor, identifying, analyze and troubleshoot network problems and outages, schedule upgrades, and work with network architects to optimize the network
- You’ll also design, install, configure, and maintain uninterrupted power supply to support network systems’ power requirements
In addition, you will:
- Drive IT infrastructure cabling projects in both telephone (CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6) and fiber optic cabling, and work with vendors and contractors on any cabling requests and changes
- Support security projects including Rapid7 Nexpose vulnerability scanning, port security, security audits and remediation efforts
- Develop clear, well-documented procedures
- Maintain and secure MDF/IDF/MPOE, network relay racks, server racks, and server rooms, including cleanup of old equipment and cabling
- Develop and maintain firewall and port security standards
- Assist with Disaster Recovery planning and documentation
- Provide coverage as needed to support IT infrastructure (24x7x365 operation environment)
- Provide training to fellow team members on new and existing technologies
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ data communications networking experience within complex, mission-critical network environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- VMware VCP 6.5 Certification or higher
- CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Security Certification (CCIE is a plus)
- Expert-level, hands-on virtualization experience (VMware vSphere)
- Strong familiarity with Cisco routers, switches, Cisco Security ASA firewall
- Functional knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols including TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP addressing/subnetting, VLANs, ACL, etc.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (BGP and OSPF) and experience with core backbone routers and layer 2/3 switches
- Prior experience with Wireshark packet capture and analysis, Cisco ISE/FirePOWER, FireSIGHT/NGIPS/802.1x/ACL/AnyConnect VPN/IPSec/SSL, wireless bridge
- Proficiency with MS Server 2012/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, Exchange 2016, Veritas BackupExec, ESET Security software, Rapid7 Nexpose, etc.
- Knowledge of VoIP Telephony system and Call Center/Manager is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to interact effectively with project team members, team leads, and end users
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.