Job Title: Lead Software Developer
Our client, one of the most prestigious in the art world, is looking for a software developer to lead a highly collaborative team of software engineers in focused on building core web applications across the organization.
This company has a tremendous history of offering stability and long-term tenure to their employees. They also offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits packages including medical/dental/vision beginning on day one of employment, and a fantastic retirement plan.
As our Lead Software Developer:
- You’ll prioritize and execute systems migration onto new platforms
- You’ll encourage a collaborative team environment of including effective oversight and mentorship
In addition, you will:
- Gather requirements, document system and create user stories to design, build, and maintain an optimal ecosystem of web applications
- Lead and participate in regular co-working sessions, code reviews, and pair programming
- Provide strategic input into initiatives
- Regularly develop and test applications
You’ll also work extensively using Vue.js (front end), Python (backend), APIs (data and content), ElasticSearch (custom search interfaces), AWS (app hosting), Linked Open Data and IIIF.
What Gets You the Job?
- 8 to 12 years of comprehensive software development experience
- Experience leading a team of software developers
- Expert-level proficiency with Vue.js, Node.js, NPM and Webpack
- Strong familiarity with REST APIs, HTML, CSS, and pre-processors
- Experience with a backend-scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, or PHP
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing frameworks
- Git and GitHub experience
- Experience with REST APIs and HTTP
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with Python, Docker, AWS, and continuous integration
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and internationalization
- Expertise with headless content management systems
- Experience with RDF, Web Annotation, Linked Data, and/or Graph data structures
- Experience with International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.