Job Title: Data Engineer (Contract)
Our client, a major retailer and a household name, is looking for a contract Data Engineer to deliver data integrations and BI solutions required for various projects. This is a 6+ month contract working in close partnership with Scrum Masters and Data Architects, as well as QA, DevOps and other groups across the organization.
As a Contract Data Engineer:
- You will develop scripts (Unix, Python etc.) to extract, transform, and load data
- You will write SQL queries against major databases and platforms
In addition, you will:
- Integrate on-premise infrastructure with public cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Develop ETL pipelines on AWS platform using Python and AWS services (i.e. S3 Buckets, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS queues)
- Build REST APIs to read data from the database (via API requests)
What Gets You the Job?
- 3 to 5 years’ data warehousing experience with platforms such as Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Knowledge of REST API development and consumption
- Strong experience developing ETL, ELT, and data warehousing solutions
- Strong familiarity with AWS cloud and related services such as S3 Buckets, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS queues
- Proficiency with loading source system data extracts into a data warehouse
- Knowledge of batch job scheduling and identifying data/job dependencies
- Firm grasp of automation of DevOps build using GitLab/Bitbucket/Jenkins/Maven
- Linux experience (shell scripting and Python scripting)
- Understanding of various data formats such as CSV, XML, JSON etc.
- Direct experience working with both technical and business teams
- C2C available
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.