Job Title: Director, Cloud Engineering
Our client, a leader in high-quality and accessible higher education, is seeking a Director of Cloud Data Engineering to provide leadership and mentorship in advanced data techniques to improve and ensure speed, effectiveness and availability across platforms. Here you will be responsible for enterprise-wide data architecture design, and effectively leverage design techniques that will improve and ensure speed, performance and availability across platforms. This position is located just minutes from the ocean and accessible via major public transportation. Read on to learn more about this opportunity!
As Director of Cloud Engineering:
- You will lead in data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation involving cloud-based, traditional and hybrid architectures
- You’ll oversee current and future data architecture, design, and content needs and create design and development guidelines for a stable, highly-operative data infrastructure
- You will establish analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a combination of education and 7 years’ related experience
- 7+ years’ experience as a technical lead or data/BI architect
- Expert-level knowledge of database structure, theories, principles and practices related to relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred) and cloud data stores (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience with of analytics, application or data pipeline development and exposure to analytics tools such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, etc.
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python or R
- Strong knowledge of statistics and data science
- Strong project management skills in managing multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills in a dynamic team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.