Job Title: Cloud Solutions Architect
Are you a people-person who loves to tackle challenges head-on? Are you looking to work for an innovative company that will let you stretch your legs along a path of career growth?
We are looking for a talented Cloud Solutions Architect who can share in leading in cloud and DevSecOps practices and related technologies. Here, you will assist in building and implementing new operating models and automated infrastructure as self-provisioned products, as well as drive their adoption across teams .
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees.
As our Cloud Solutions Architect, you will:
- Move IT teams to Agile product-based teams from Waterfall, project-based or ticket-based approaches
- Work with multiple teams and departments to help design and implement CI/CD pipelines for automated infrastructure such as monitoring and feedback loops
- Define and analyze technical requirements and make sound recommendations for cloud solutions and cloud adoption strategies
- Keep up-to-date with current AWS and/or Azure technologies, architecture, vendor products, and related components
- Conduct research and utilize current tools, techniques and processes that will increase performance, automation, and scalability
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals as part of a larger delivery team
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and supporting Azure or AWS infrastructure and topologies is strongly preferred
- Project experience involving implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud-based services for business teams or customers
- Working product knowledge and understanding of product features such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions, virtualization, VMware, Citrix
- Automation experience using ARM Templates, Visual Studio, CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience with container configuration and implementation using Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes
- Familiarity working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- In-depth understanding cloud ecosystem and emerging technologies including:
- Configuration and tuning cloud-hosted solutions and platforms
- Support of production applications and/or workloads in cloud-based environments
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
- Encryption and key management principles and design patterns
- Networking principles and technologies (i.e. DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Automation and DevOps principles
- Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Single-Sign-On solutions (i.e. SAML and OAuth authentication options)
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage
- Sizing hardware and storage needs
- Preferred certifications include MCTS: Cloud/Azure and/or AWS: Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.