Job Title: Senior/Lead QA Engineer
As the leading animal health company in the US and Canada, our client is always looking to provide the best possible experience and quality care to their clients (aka pet parents) and patient (aka pets). They are embarking on a multi-year program to modernize and disrupt the Practice Management Systems used throughout veterinary clinics throughout the US. Come and be a part of this exciting growth and opportunity!
As our Senior/Lead QA Engineer:
- You will lead globally-dispersed development and testing teams in delivering the desired business impact
- You’ll determine the product life cycle, ensuring that work streams function and adhere to quality standards
- You will research and implement innovational testing processes and tools to ensure product quality
- You’ll also provide test automation scripts to the development team for a continuous feedback loop and use in a CI/CD pipeline
Additionally, you will:
- Work with release management team on production release process, keeping fully informed on in-house applications
- Provide application production support including troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and adequate test cases for test plans
- Engage in Scrum sprint planning activities to determine tests and testability
- Share in development programs to ensure integration test efforts
- Assist in strategy for continuous improvements in test processes and procedures
- Develop testing methodologies and procedures to ensure sufficient test coverage
- Partner with agile teams to build and test new features and capabilities
- Review team members’ work and provide constructive feedback
- Resolve upstream dependencies and conflicts across teams
- Understand the engineering lifecycle and advocate for process improvements
What Gets You the Job?
- Proven technical leadership skills in coordinating staff who are on premise and remote.
- Strong understanding of the engineering lifecycle with the ability to recommend process improvements
- Proven vendor management experience (onsite, remote, onshore and offshore)
- Effective communication skills across teams and departments
- Experience with financial systems and accounting practices is preferred
- Proficiency in veterinary medicine is a plus (i.e. medical functional areas or in veterinary clinic workflow)
- Strong technology background including principles, theories and concepts
- In-depth knowledge of product quality best practices
- Effective communication skills in working across multiple teams and departments
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment with both technical and non-technical personnel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.