Job Title: Product Manager/Product Owner
Our client, a leading international animal care facility, is looking for a Product Manager/Product Owner to assist in the development of innovative software applications that help improve health care, productivity, and quality time. Here, you will provide thought leadership and collaborate with teams, departments and stakeholders to deliver first-class product features and integrate cutting-edge technologies in an impactful way.
As our Product Manager/Product Owner, you will:
- You will build and maintain stakeholder relationships, and effectively communicate business requirements
- You’ll work closely with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities
- You will work with varying business groups to optimize business and financial cases for product delivery
- You’ll also integrate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories
Additionally, you will:
- Write detailed user stories and maintain a groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities
- Create and maintain the product backlog and prioritize the features before sprint
- Attend sprint planning meetings and assist the Scrum Master in facilitating sprint review meetings
- Proficiently manage governance activities such as prioritization of features development and negotiating with stakeholders on the backlog
- Maintain a constant feedback loop with stakeholders via surveys, lab tests, etc.
- Research market trends and receive feedback from stakeholders and customers
- Understand the engineering lifecycle and advocate for process improvements
- Build, develop and communicate feature area specifications that form streamlined, iterative plans that align to product
- Resolve upstream dependencies and conflicts across teams
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience as a Product Manager with a portfolio of completed projects
- Familiarity with financial systems and accounting practices is preferred
- Expertise in veterinary medicine (in a functional or workflow capacity) is a plus
- Strong technology experience and exposure to related principles, theories and concepts
- In-depth knowledge of UX and technical design
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills in working across multiple teams and departments
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong project management skills and lifecycle knowledge within an agile framework
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.