Job Title: Senior Data Engineer – Informatica
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer with strong Informatica knowledge to improve and optimize a number of capabilities including acquisition, data processing, and automation. Here you will own data quality, implement best data engineering practices, and build upon your expertise in the research and development of multiple enterprise data management projects. This role requires expert-level knowledge of Informatica, a variety open source, third-party, and proprietary technologies data acquisition, processing, and automation across the board.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to their employees.
As our Senior Informatica Data Engineer:
- You will use SQL to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data
- You’ll design, develop, support, and debug ETL routines, MDM hub configurations, Data Quality Services, and Workflow solutions
- You will demonstrate MDM technical ownership across multiple domains and technical areas including matching/merging/survivorship, data cleansing, workflows, UI, and more
- You will work closely with data analysts, business users, database and systems administrators to create data solutions
- You will extract and manipulate date using at least one or more relevant scripting languages
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ experience with Informatica MDM and data quality (DQ) – Master Data Management and Metadata Management knowledge is a must
- 5+ years’ hands-on SQL development experience with the ability to analyze, compare and profile large volumes data sets (both structured and unstructured)
- 2+ years’ experience with ETL tools and processes including SSIS, Informatica, and advanced SQL programming
- Proven ability to work in enterprise data environments that have included real-time and batch processing requirements using modern cloud and big data architectures
- Familiarity with web-scrapers, creating ETL pipelines for new data sets, implementing data management workflows, and/or detecting anomalies to ensure data quality
- Strong understanding of ETL processing with large data stores
- Strong data modeling skills (relational, dimensional and flattened)
- Familiarity with rules for match/merge, DQ and hierarchy management
- Exposure to PowerCenter is a huge plus
- Proficiency with at least one of the following scripting languages: R, Python, Scala, Java/C++, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar course of study
- Equivalent job experience and/or technical training will be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.