Job Title: Manager of Software Engineering
Our client is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to effectively lead their software engineering team in the development, deployment and support of IT solutions. Here, you will actively collaborate with key stakeholders and departments across the organization to provide solutions spanning functions such as marketing, sales, distribution, and more. Imagine working here! Located near the Expo Line in Santa Monica, this world-renowned company is rated as one of The Best Places to Work.
As our Manager of Software Engineering:
- You will lead the software engineering team in providing internally-created, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), or integrated web and mobile solutions
- You will oversee and be responsible for functions including (but not limited to) technology selection, solutions architecture, development methodologies, and an automation focus on development and testing hardware/software environments.
Additionally, you will:
- Follow and instill software development best practices amongst the team involving continuous integration concepts and supporting tools, unit and quality testing (automation) methodologies, and more
- Manage outsourced partners and vendors
- Develop and standardize code development and management procedures
- Bring strong project management (Agile and Waterfall) skill and knowledge
What Gets You the Job?
- 10+ years’ professional IT experience in enterprise systems software development and integration
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering – equivalent working experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years’ experience with enterprise-oriented mobility applications
- Extensive experience in website and web services design and development
- Proven experience in technology selection for solutions including vendor, platform, language, databases, and tools)
- Experience with building enterprise-ready mobile applications using technologies including iOS/Android, HTML5, jQuery, REST, XML, Swift, Objective C, PhoneGap/Xamarin
- In-depth knowledge of REST and web services APIs
- Experience with code and project management tools (i.e. Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of architecting and implementing data warehousing and integrated/shared data models across applications
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing, hosting platforms, and architecting cloud solutions (AWS preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, documentation, interpersonal)
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with SAP and SAP-integrated solutions is a plus
- AWS and PMI certification(s) are a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.