Job Title: Senior Identity Management Engineer
Are you a people-person who loves to tackle challenges head-on? Are you looking to work for an innovative company that will let you stretch your legs along a path of career growth?
Our client is looking for a Senior Identity Management Engineer to implement functionality for specific business and security requirements and processes on their IAM team. Here, you will take ownership of IAM platform implementation – performing general assessment, planning deployment techniques, and providing advice to operational support personnel and external stakeholders on integrating and migrating IAM solutions.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees.
As our Senior Identity Management Engineer:
- You will drive the availability, configuration, and sustainability of enterprise IAM tools and associated systems
- You’ll design and implement processes and tools in adherence to established Information Security guidelines, policies and standards
- You will collaborate with system and business process analysts and other personnel to understand and interpret IAM requirements for each application and initiative
- You’ll also provide hands-on support regarding risks associated with new or changing technologies
Additionally, you will:
- Identify IAM workflow, business process requirements, and related solutions over a complete business process (obtaining approvals, documentation, testing, training, etc.)
- Take into account the implications of IAM workflow and processes to the current business environment
- Research/analyze data, create reports, and communicate trends and key information to management/business partner(s)
- Gather identity data via SQL and LDAP queries for analysis and troubleshooting
- Keep up-to-date with emerging industry-related trends
- Participate in assessing and selecting new technologies
- Fix provisioning/deprovisioning problems to secure operations across platforms (i.e. email, files transfer, multimedia, etc.)
- Oversee IAM project efforts and report status to management
- Ability to foresee, identify and course-correct issues/challenges that may obstruct project goals
- Set objectives and monitor progress and status pertaining to project goals
- Plan and/or modify department processes and procedures as needed
- Engage with and gain consensus from cross-functional teams as needed
- Delegate work among team members as needed
- Act as team leader on projects with moderate budgets or of short- to mid-term durations
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ experience working with highly scalable enterprise software
- 3+ years’ experience working with commercial IAM products for an enterprise of 5,000+ employees/identities (highly preferred)
- 2+ years’ operational experience with ongoing maintenance of IAM solutions, including Identity and User Account Management platforms
- Experience with developing solutions for Identity Management, user provisioning, Single Sign-On (SSO), Reduced Sign-On (RSO), and Web Access Management
- In-depth knowledge of underlying components and technologies of an IAM platform (i.e. FIM, Oracle)
- Experience in implementing Identity and Access Management technologies and/or processes required.
- Proven ability to evaluate IAM products and manage vendor relationships
- Functional knowledge of application security patterns and related best practices
- Firm grasp of scripting and programming languages and software development methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft ILM configuration and maintenance
- Solid experience with identity directories (i.e. LDAP, Active Directory)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects in a dynamic team environment
- Minimum education: high school diploma (required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.