Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager, Technology
Our client, a major motion picture company in West LA, is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to for procurement of technology products and services. Here, you will initiate and manage strategic procurement activities, outsourcing opportunities, and contract negotiations to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), as well as improve quality and profit. In addition to ensuring products and services across domestic and international business units, this role requires the ability to effectively assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that will optimize value for the company.
As Strategic Sourcing Manager, Technology, you will:
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for technology products (e.g. desktop, laptop, server, storage, network and telecommunication), services (e.g. application development and maintenance, help desk, etc.), and cloud solutions (e.g. SaaS and IaaS)
- Manage projects and drive TCO reduction – from development of opportunity and planning to delivering results within timeline
- Perform market research to identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., exit or entry of suppliers, changes in pricing, etc.).
- Develop and manage RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs including requirements collection, managing bidder communications, and analyzing bid responses
- Draft and negotiate company-wide agreements that reduce both financial and business risk exposure and provide favorable terms and conditions
- Understand, negotiate, and explain business-specific legal terms and conditions to senior-level clients
- Be involved in client status meetings and contract performance measurement
- Work closely with stakeholders including Legal and Risk Management
- Work with internal clients to develop and manage external supplier base
- Monitor supplier performance work to resolve issues and problems that may arise
- Be knowledgeable of market rates and spend and benchmark best practice capabilities
What Gets You the Job?
- 3 to 5 years’ corporate procurement/purchasing/sourcing or related experience
- Sourcing skills including identifying opportunities, performing spend analysis, developing sourcing strategy, project management, negotiation, contract management and compliance, purchase order development, etc.
- IT sourcing knowledge and experience is required
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal client and external supplier relationships
- Ability to quantify baseline value of goods and services, negotiations, and final change in TCO
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Full MS Office Suite experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project, Visio)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Business is preferred
- CPM/CPSM or similar certification is preferred
- Experience in media & entertainment, or technology-based industries
- Experience in negotiating both domestic and international IT agreements is a plus
- Internal or external business consulting experience is highly desirable
- Ariba and SAP experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.