Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Our client is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to build systems that support their online TV and media-focused properties. Here, you will support the lifecycle and visibility of these websites for global users across multiple brands and platforms. Our client offers the opportunity to work on multiple cloud-based initiatives (both GCP and AWS) in addition to lots of growth potential for those who want to continue to learn and grow as technologists. This is a fantastic company that’s pushing the boundaries when it comes to streaming video.
As our Site Reliability Engineer:
- You will write infrastructure-as-code using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform
- You’ll design and build monitoring platforms that provide real-time visibility for service owners
In addition, you will:
- Partner with the Cloud Engineering team on improvements to the existing cloud platform
- Team up with service engineering teams to conceptualize and administer applications
- Design and maintain automation workflows for CI/CD systems (e.g., Jenkins)
- Participate in active troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, performance-tuning, and post-mortem exercises
What Gets You the Job?
- Proficiency with Linux internals and shell scripting
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, Python, and Go
- Experience with Docker or other container runtimes
- Administration experience and knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases
- Prior experience with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Practical knowledge of cloud tools and products such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.