Job Title: Senior Security Vulnerability Engineer
Are you a people-person who loves to tackle challenges head-on? Are you looking to work for an innovative company that will let you stretch your legs along a path of career growth?
We’re looking for a Security Vulnerability Engineer to provide exceptional solutions for operational security that will directly affect IT and business initiatives. Here, you will interface with IT groups across the organization as well as client managers, business customers, third parties, vendors, and auditors. Working with the Security Architect, you’ll assist in solutions design and operation to be delegated to Security Analysts and other functions. Working with the Security Architect, you’ll assist in solutions design and operations to be delegated to Security Analysts and other functions.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees.
As our Security Vulnerability Engineer:
- You will act as Engineering Lead for Vulnerability Detection and Threat Management lifecycles, with a strong focus on Qualys and Tanium
- You’ll actively define information security architecture and standards, and create prioritized risk based on roadmaps
- You will also create test plans and implement testing prior to new systems rollout
Additionally, you will:
- Facilitate technical design/review activities in support of a secure computing environment
- Develop secure architectural frameworks, operational guidelines and metrics consistent with information security policies, standards and strategy
- Participate in project planning including functional requirements, design specifications, testing and quality assurance, implementation and support
- Assist technical engineering services in the support and update of existing security systems and works to automate processes related to security implementations, monitoring, and enforcement
- Research, recommend, evaluate, deploy and integrate security tools and techniques to improve security
- Participate in technical risk assessments and security exposure analyses of systems, networks and business applications
- Evaluate and implement security devices such as firewalls, IDS, IPS, threat correlation tools, vulnerability management tools, encryption capabilities, etc.
- Ensure secure and optimal system and network performance and cost effectiveness of network elements and design
- Oversee the purchase, installation, and support of security devices
- Evaluate and manage information security risks to pre-existing current systems
- Assist in planning of large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
- Monitor, report and resolve all security related problems and discrepancies
- Participate in cyber security incident investigations
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ comprehensive information security experience
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience with networking, intrusion detection, VPN, PKI, Next-Generation firewalls, NAC; Identity management and encryption technologies
- Strong product evaluation and vendor management experience
- Hands-on practical knowledge of UNIX/AIX, Microsoft Servers, firewall multi-layer design and implementation, router access list/packet filtering (CISCO), WANs, LANs, internet, intranets, network protocols and network services (i.e., telnet, ftp, etc.), intrusion detection systems, VPN, and two-factor authentication
- Knowledge of Qualys modules, including Asset Inventory, Vulnerability Management, Policy Compliance, File Integrity Monitoring, Container Security, etc.
- Ability to define strategy and integrate technologies/processes into corporate frameworks
- Ability to perform product evaluation and manage vendor relationships
- CISSP, GIAC, CCNA, and/or CCNP certification is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.