Job Title: Director of Product
Our client is looking for Director of Product who will be responsible for the ongoing development and enhancement of a software product that ensures against wire fraud and other security issues in the mortgage industry. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a critically important group for a large, nationwide company, and do so in a forward thinking environment where you will be responsible for understanding and developing the evolving priorities for this software package and the huge user base that depends on it.
This is senior level role in which you will be hands-on in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working on many tasks in parallel.
As our Director of Product, you will:
- Drive the product roadmap and strategy for the software platform
- Work with senior management to gather requirements for the priorities that keep the product up to date
- Oversee UAT and create all software release documentation for internal users and external customers.
- Manage the development effort and work with the technical teams to ensure timely, successful release and delivery of product updates
- Be the primary communication liaison between tech teams, users, business stakeholders and executive management. This could include status reports, ad hoc reports, presentations and more.
- Build, lead, coach and inspire a high performing team of technical and support professionals
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field / MBA or Masters is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program/product/project, developer or similar type role
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
- Impeccable communication and documentation skills, both written and visual with highly effective influencing skills
- Escrow or mortgage industry experience is highly desired
- Ability to focus on long term vision and strategy and short-term tactical execution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.