Job Title: UI Designer/Developer (Web)
Our client, a leader in high-quality and accessible higher education, is seeking a UI Designer/Developer to collaborate with team members on the design of an integral user dashboard. Here, you will work to ensure that accessibility requirements are incorporated, as well as work with data scientists, full stack developers and content SMEs to create visualization pages. This is a chance for you to maintain and expand existing websites as well as create new websites for one of the largest, diverse, and most affordable university systems in the country.
This temp-to-hire position is located just minutes from the ocean and accessible via major public transportation. Read on to learn more about this opportunity!
As our UI Designer/Developer, you will:
- Apply design tools and technologies to develop highly engaging charts, graphs, and interactive web interfaces and print designs
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create data visualization pages that promote insights and informed decision-making
- Adhere to and promote web accessibility standards and web design best practices
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design processes, information and interaction design approaches
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expert-level knowledge of CSS and responsive design
- Familiarity with W3C standards pertaining to HTML and hand coding
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with developing 508 compliant websites
- Knowledge inclusive of browser compatibility issues across multiple platforms
- Strong ability to collaborate with developers, data scientists, and other team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.