Job Title: HR Business Systems Analyst
Our client, a leader in high-quality and accessible higher education, is seeking am HR Business Systems to help resolve complex PeopleSoft HCM application issues in various areas of support and development including include implementation, system analysis, planning, design, and more. Here you will provide functional support to staff and third-party integrated cloud-based systems, and potentially additional related applications that span multiple sites, users, and activities.
This direct-hire position is located at one of the largest, diverse, and most affordable university systems in the country, just minutes from the ocean and accessible via major public transportation. Read on to learn more about this opportunity!
As our HR Business Systems Analyst, you will:
- Take part in the implementation of new system functionality within our client’s PeopleSoft HCM application with project teams
- Analyze, test and document custom modifications required to address business requirements
- Support related activities in addition to the overall implementation project
- Perform unit, system, integration and regression testing of PeopleSoft bundles, maintenance pack releases, PeopleTools and Oracle upgrades, updates and fixes
- Arrange for program and functional specification development/testing, time and cost estimates for customizations, upgrades and other related project activities
- Lead in conference calls or webinars with the user groups, sub-committees and representatives
- Participate in ad hoc as directed including working cross-training and application coverage with SME teams
- Develop and maintain functional documentation required to support the PeopleSoft HCM application
- Collaborate with application development teams to fully understand and resolve application issues
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to quality standards and comply with application development procedures and practices
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5+ years of HR functional experience working with the PeopleSoft HCM application or other similar ERP
- Deep functional knowledge and experience with at least one HCM module (e.g., Absence Management, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor, Workforce Administration, etc.
- Stellar application implementation lifecycle skills
- Experience with developing requirements and performing fit/gap analysis
- Experience with application configuration and security functional specifications
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into functional designs
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to mentor as needed
- Strong familiarity with Human Resources practices and systems
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft rules-based processing is nice to have
- Experience working in a higher education environment is helpful
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.