Job Title: Java Developer
Our client, a Los Angeles-based software application development company, is looking for a Java Developer with strong object-oriented programming knowledge, and the ability to design and develop functionality on custom, full stack, distributed systems. In this dynamic team environment, you will develop large-scale applications across the entire stack for some of the most top names in the entertainment and media industry.
As our Java Developer, you will:
- Design and develop applications based on Angular, Java, Java EE, Spring and other open source frameworks
- Apply a test-driven development approach to implementing clean, lightweight, maintainable code
- Oversee, drive and mentor direct reports from architects, software engineers, QA resources, and support resources
- Interface with project management stakeholders on building roadmaps and project timelines
- Effectively lead skilled engineers’ efforts in achieving both professional and developmental goals
What Gets You the Job?
- 6 to 10 years’ software building and both core Java and object-oriented programming experience
- Demonstrated skill in relational database design and development (i.e., SQL, Oracle/Postgres/MySQL)
- Strong discipline in software design pattern and software architecture practices
- Proficiency with JUnit, TDD and mocking frameworks (e.g, Mockito)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with build and CI tools (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Jenkins)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong, independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.