Job Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Our client, a trusted name around the globe in providing world-class financial accounting software, is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to lead a cross-functional team in enhancing a cloud-based, SaaS web application. Here, you will mentor team members and collaborate with across other teams and departments in delivering exceptional client integration and user experiences. We are looking for a driven leader who is passionate about motivation, growth, and people management as much as technology.
As our Manager of Software Engineering, you will:
- Recruit and manage a cross-functional Agile team of developers (front and back end), QA engineers, and a Scrum Master
- Effectively lead team members in successfully delivering valuable functionality to clients
- Define and drive team vision through motivation on projects, processes, workflows, and other areas
- Implement and drive adaptations to team and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas
- Work with product representatives and the team in defining project deliverables and brainstorming solutions
- Plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of business initiatives
- Work with stakeholders and project management to define project requirements and deliverables
- Mentor team members, define their goals and emphasize strengths, and drive actionable items
- Plan, communicate and conduct presentations senior management and stakeholders including project milestones, risk mitigation, road maps, resource needs, technical information, etc.
- Work closely with the principal architect to provide solutions adhering to standards across teams
- Experience with managing budget and resources, communicate and resolve personnel issues
- Manage time off requests, sick days, etc.
What Gets You the Job?
- Recent experience as a manager and/or technical lead (e.g. engineer, QA, etc.) in software development of large-scale web applications
- 8+ years contributing to design reviews, code reviews, and in a particular domain
- 2+ years’ of onsite employee supervisory experience
- Recent troubleshooting and tuning experience across all layers of a modern SaaS, N-Tier, web-based application
- Knowledge of QA standards and best practices including automation, regression, and smoke testing, white/black-box testing, etc.
- Proficiency with build, deployment, and continuous integration concepts and best practices and the software development lifecycle
- Technical design knowledge and hands-on experience within a modern OOP-based language (C#, Java, Python, etc.) and related stack
- Experience with modern database platforms including data modeling, stored procedures, schema definitions, performance and scaling considerations, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology, processes, and best practices
- Understanding of TDD concepts, methodologies, and best practices; BDD experience is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for motivating and mentoring teams as well as product excellence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.