Job Title: Director Scrum/Operations
Our client is looking for a Director of Operations with a with a strong foundation as Scrum Master. This is a unique role in which you will lead multiple projects following Agile best practices, as well as coaching when there is a shift from Agile principles. Additionally, you will manage less senior Scrum Masters while also performing operational management related to the software engineering team. This will include taking full ownership of the recruiting, interview, and hiring process.
This is a collaborative, open environment that fosters teamwork, a great culture in offices located in the heart of Studio City. Working here also means learning some of the unique aspects of the entertainment industry and in particular the business behind it.
Our client is incredibly passionate about what they do. They tackle challenges head-on and strive to surpass their clients’ expectations every day. The most successful hires here share a similar mindset and philosophy.
As Director Scrum/Operations, you will:
- Take a hands-on approach in leading daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and status communication with project stakeholders
- Interact daily and directly with the delivery team to ensure that sprints are moving as planned, roadblocks to delivery are addressed, and that the team is performing to projected expectations
- Define project scope from an idea or charter to requirements and epics to actionable user stories that can be given to the delivery team
- Develop consensus on “definition of done”
What Gets You the Job?
- Expert-level knowledge of Agile principles and experience using Scrum to lead teams
- Firm understanding and ability to leverage the difference between Scrum Master and Product Owner to deliver the best results from project team members
- Strong focus on quality – proven track record of driving teams to deliver quality sprint by sprint
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to iterate through requirements, determine what is actionable and what requires more definition, and effectively prioritize
- Author user stories from project assets (e.g., requirements, wireframes, etc.).
- JIRA experience
- Familiarity with financial accounting concepts
- Experience with business models used in the entertainment industry is a plus
- Prior software development experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.