Job Title: Payments Fraud Analytics Manager
Our client, a leader in investment and banking services, is looking for a Payments Fraud Analytics Manager to lead fraud prevention and risk management activities to mitigate any potential fraudulent activities for the enterprise and its clients. In this role, you will evaluate threats and be responsible for analytics and trends by payment type as well as cross-channel. This is a key position involving the ability to make recommendations and decisions that will support new products and features.
With nearly 100 offices in over 6 major metropolitan areas in the U.S., our client is a trusted and reliable name in the industry for over 60 years and counting.
As our Payment Fraud Analytics Manager, you will:
- Develop our client’s Payments Fraud Strategy and actively participate in key payments initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and provide exemplary customer service
- Analyze loss data and recommend/implement appropriate loss prevention strategies
- Develop executive key performance metrics and report to senior management and enterprise risk
- Create and deliver reports, implement cutting-edge analysis tools and forecast processes to ensure global delivery of actionable information
- Actively participate in developing Fraud Policies and Risk Management activities supporting business units across the organization
- Identify patterns of fraudulent transactions for mitigation concerning ATM, debit cards, credit cards, wires, and new payment types such as Zelle
- Define, formulate and create complex analytical models for specific payment systems to assess payments fraud activities
- Create, test and implement rule criteria in applicable detection systems (e.g., VCAS, VRM, TSYS, BAE, etc.)
- Adhere to company and regulatory policies
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or similar
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience working in financial services with in-depth knowledge of payment systems
- Excellent leadership skills in an enterprise-wide capacity
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience with Falcon fraud strategy and rule writing (or similar)
- Familiarity with reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring
- Ability to create and maintain complex mathematical models
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk principles and procedures.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of data into concise presentations with sound business conclusions.
- Strong familiarity with PC computing environment
- Strong database/data warehouse experience and knowledge
- Experience with FICO Falcon Fraud Manager strategy writing a plus
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers
- Must be able to work in a high-productive, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.