Job Title: Descriptive Analytics, Manager Emerging Franchises and Mobile
Our client, innovator in the interactive gaming space, is looking for a forward-thinking, hands-on manager to oversee in-game performance analysis, insights, recommendations and reporting for the organization. You will work closely with multiple groups and partners and lead an analytics team in translating very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets into strong business narratives, and share best practices and methods. This is an opportunity to showcase strong technological knowledge and leadership in an energetic, competitive environment.
As our Descriptive Analytics, Manager Emerging Franchises and Mobile, you will:
- Lead a team of analysts responsible for data involving game revenue, engagement, operations, player experience, and reporting for emerging franchises and platforms
- Deliver high quality KPIs, metrics, and reporting that lead to actionable recommendations for product marketing, finance, and studio
- Work closely with internal product groups, global analytic partners, finance, studios, executive management,
- Work with data/technology international partners to ensure that data ETL logic can deliver on continually developed analytic use cases
- Work with senior management to answer strategic business questions using behavioral data
- Deliver insights and reporting, work with the visualization team on ideations, build logic for intuitive automated dashboards for the Business Units and Studio that effect day-to-day decisions or issues
- Work across multiple data sources (e.g., Hadoop, Redshift, mobile, MySQL db) to develop a complete picture of player behavior
What Gets You the Job?
- 6+ years’ experience in database analytics (game analytic experience a plus)
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems through advanced statistics, mathematical modeling, and/or code development
- Strong experience querying large relational databases (Redshift) with construction of new schemas is a plus
- Ability to query large semi-structured and unstructured data in distributed data stores (AWS S3) using various query tools (e.g., Presto, Hive, Scala, Spark, Qubole, Databricks)
- Ability to distill massive data into digestible visualizations in contemporary tooling (e.g., Tableau, Redash)
- Driven, proactive, and analytical
- Exception leadership and relationship-building skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with multiple teams and departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent experience
- Strong interest in gaming and player experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.