Job Title: Software Solution Architect
Our client is looking for a hands-on, proactive Software Solution Architect who is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about designing, developing, and deploying solutions. In this role, you’ll be part of a team of engineers and solution architects in transforming a monolith 2-tier application to an AWS cloud-based solution with modern architecture. As you learn our client’s infrastructure and internal systems, you’ll work closely with key groups to ensure that solutions meet requirements set by the Executive Steering Committee.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in software engineering to become the domain expert for the business.
As our Senior Software Solution Architect, you will:
- Work with the engineering team on new projects including gathering technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments
- Collaborate with the Steering Committee, User Experience team, Make team, and Rollout team
- Take part in the full application development lifecycle and own the technology product roadmap
- Perform research on various technologies and evaluate how they can be integrated
- Advise and educate stakeholders on the benefits of proposed approaches to software and solutions development
- Assist with product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests
- Collaborate to create an efficient project hand-off plan
- Advocate software engineering best practices including secure application development
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
What Gets You the Job?
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in solution architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar course of study
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using AWS
- Proficiency with AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, S3, Elastic File System, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS)
- Experience with Microsoft Work Loads Including .NET and SQL
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices (e.g. strangler pattern)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.