Job Title: Help Desk Engineer
Why you want to work here:
- Company is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions organization that has been around since 1979.
- They are a successful and growing company that offers excellent compensation packages, 10 company holidays per year and 3 weeks of vacation.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
What You Will Do
- Provide prompt help desk support, resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction, and ensure each customer/user receives excellent service at all times.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking system, ensuring accurate and complete logging of all incidents/service requests (currently System Center Service Manager), and process tickets assigned to the queue on a first-in/first out basis.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of users, including assigning users/computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software and perform timely hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Document internal procedures (Knowledge Base articles).
- Mentor and collaborate with System Support Administrators on issues that require research and/or escalation.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
- Create and Compile reports and gather information on an ‘as needed’ basis.
What Gets You the Job?
- 3 – 5 years of Information Systems work experience providing technical assistance and Help Desk services, with advanced knowledge of a broad range of desktop-based hardware/software and networking concepts
- A+, Network+ or MCP certification required
- Experience working with vendors on solutions for a variety of products
- Able to track trends in incidents and meet with management on solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community
- Ability to manage and execute small to medium size projects
- BONUS: Experience with Microsoft suite of tools including but not limited to System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Service Manager (SCSM), and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.