Job Title: VP of PMO
Our client, a globally-trusted name in world-class financial accounting software, is looking for a VP of PMO to ensure the efficient planning and management of all programs and projects within their Product and Technology organization. In this role you will develop, implement, and oversee project and program management techniques, methodologies, and best practices across Product, Engineering, and Cloud organizations for effective delivery and cross-functional team leadership.
This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer, the VP of Product Operations, and Program Management and requires exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills in a team environment. Successful candidates will have a strong focus on strategy, operational excellence, and innovation.
As our VP of PMO, you will:
- Plan, execute, track and manage scope, schedule, and cost for all projects in the portfolio
- Define and implement KPIs and indicators, and use these to provide a data-centric view of PMO performance as well as guide ongoing improvement efforts and influence positive outcomes
- Communicate and drive adoption and alignment of standards, policies, and procedures organization-wide
- Support preparation of strategic planning and investment planning processes
- Lead M&A technology due diligence and integration related to new products and services
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology (preferred Master’s Degree)
- 12+ years’ professional experience in Program, Project or Portfolio Management
- 3+ years’ professional experience with enterprise SaaS solutions and modern web technologies
- Ability to develop methods for effective portfolio delivery, team structure, financial management, risk management, portfolio/program/project reviews, escalation processes, business case development and cross-functional team leadership
- Proven knowledge of SDLC methodology, governance and processes, portfolio financials, PMO resources, release readiness activities, resource planning, and operational support functions
- Firm grasp of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices (including training and coaching)
- Ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Experience with hiring, training, mentoring and managing a project team of 10+ members
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical personnel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.