Job Title: Applications Engineer/Solutions Engineer
Our client is looking for an Applications Engineer with strong experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in providing solutions in the consumer electronics space. In this role, you will work directly with customers to define product requirements based on their needs, as well as promote appropriate and useful solutions with Sales. You will also work with internal engineering and design teams to drive the initial calculations for architecture and cost.
The products and technologies our client sells are used by over 250 million people every week and have been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies worldwide. Working here means being part of an innovative, smart, and team-focused work environment. This company also provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), bonus plan, vacation pay, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement. If you’re looking for a challenging and dynamic opportunity in a fast-growing high technology company, read on to learn more about this position.
As our Applications Engineer/Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Lead and author product specifications and drive the project towards launch
- Document engineering product requirements including software, electrical mechanical specifications
- Account for the performance/cost tradeoffs of various approaches
- Ensure product timeline with the engineering team, and discuss engineering approaches and trade-offs
- Take the lead in unit cost and NRE estimations and communicate these to Sales
- Support the Sales team as lead engineering expert in key, high-volume customer meetings
- Drive progress on design, feasibility, and cost information and ensure deliverables are met
- Determine the practicality of implementing software into customers’ product ecosystem
- Verify software product details with the manufacturers of consumer electronics devices
- Examine and work on source code to understand software behavior as needed
- Answer high-level technical questions regarding software integration, OS requirements, etc.
- Regularly assist customers with product development and technical questions
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- In-depth hardware and software experience
- Experience with RF technologies including Bluetooth, RF4CE, Zigbee, etc. is nice to have
- Excellent documentation communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Strong project coordination skills
- Deep knowledge and passion for consumer devices
- Preferred knowledge of voice, audio, microphones, audio compression
- Experience writing code in C and Linux is desired
- Knowledge of HDMI CEC/EDID interfaces is a plus
- Preferred experience working on one or more of the following product types: IPTV/OTT/STB/IoT/TV/HVAC
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (estimated 10% in the United States and/or Canada)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.