Job Title: Technical Writer
Our client is looking for a Technical Writer to create useful, functional documentation that encourages self-service for end-users and internal employees. In this role, you will collaborate directly with technical team members to gain deep knowledge of assigned product areas and facilitate users’ understanding.
As our Technical Writer, you will:
- Write clear and concise customer-facing user guides and help articles
- Work with product managers, developers, quality engineers, and usability experts to fully understand of the product and documentation requirements
- Work on the Documentation team, owning key documentation areas, assisting with documentation updates, and building/maintaining the internal knowledge base
- Help track and identify any documentation areas impacted by new features and changes to UI
- Audit existing documentation as needed for content optimization and accuracy
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related course of study
- 2+ years’ experience in technical, professional, or grant writing
- 2+ years’ experience with software development
- Ability to effectively streamline and make sense of multi-tiered processes and large amounts of data
- Familiarity with content architecture and ability to present complex technical ideas into user-friendly text and images
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JIRA
- Desire to learn new technical skills and software
- Excellent documentation skills including grammar, spelling, and proofreading
- Excellent project coordination, prioritization, and task management skills
- Preferred experience with online content and data visualization
- Preferred experience in a support role or in curriculum development
- Preferred experience with single-source authoring tools such as MadCap Flare
- Preferred knowledge of home services industries (plumbing, electrical, HVAC)
Please submit 3 to 5 writing samples that showcase an ability to produce clear, concise customer-facing and/or internal documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.