Job Title: Business Analyst - Accounting and Financial Systems
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst with accounting and/or financial experience to assist with successful implementations and streamlined operations for in-house data and systems. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with various teams, end users, business unit leaders, development managers and stakeholders through the project lifecycle, as well as to document current state processes and define future state processes. You will also represent the IT department and ensure that efforts of the highest priority are being worked on.
Working here means being part of a friendly, hard-working company culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded. Our client offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
As our Business Analyst (Accounting and Financial Systems), you will:
- Administer requirements collection, analysis and documentation through the project lifecycle
- Define and execute operational and support processes
- Develop deep understanding of current testing services and processes
- Identify and document pain points and lead in improvement efforts
- Work with program managers and stakeholders to define scope, prioritize work and drive milestones
- Report project status and manage expectations, issues, risks, scope changes with development managers
- Facilitate functional, development, infrastructure, and compliance releases with stakeholders
- Participate in UAT with end users
What Gets You the Job?
- 10+ years’ experience with business analysis, process improvement and project coordination
- Understanding of accounting functions
- Experience as a business analyst during the full lifecycle of two to three projects working with financial systems
- Firm grasp of MS SQL Server and RDBMS concepts
- Proficiency with T-SQL
- Ability to act as a technical project manager as needed
- Proven experience with requirements gathering, development, testing, and test planning
- Deep foundational knowledge of SDLC, system architecture, project management, process analysis and design best practices and principles
- Ability to manage and make sense of unknown scenarios and define approaches for issue resolution
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation)
- Ability to collaborate with team members and personnel of various levels across an organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.