Job Title: Java Engineer
Our client is looking for a sharp and talented individual with an understanding of the principals of software development in Java. In this role, you will work on a small, Agile team working on a modern, web-based workers compensation platform. You will implement key features and test cases as well as perform maintenance and enhancements to software applications. Successful candidates will have a firm grasp in Java, Junit and CSS. Experience with Hibernate is a plus.
Why work here? Our client has a strong foundation and has been around for over 20 years. The company is small and agile enough to get things done plus this position has a lot of visibility. They are currently utilizing some of the latest and greatest technologies and encourage a good work/life balance.
As our Java Engineer, you will:
- Maintain, enhance, and perform issue resolution for software applications
- Develop detailed design specifications for programs based on functional requirements
- Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain these programs
- Collaborate with business process experts to fully understand software issues and make educated recommendations for solutions and enhancements
- Design small to medium systems
- Analyze and update existing system logic difficulties
- Assist with creating and documenting user manuals
- Develop detailed module technical specifications for components and create modules based on these
- Analyze functional and overall application technical design
- Ensure alignment with defined programming standards, structured coding techniques and development methodologies
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- 2+ years’ of Java development experience.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working on a product in at least one area of business domain knowledge
- Firm grasp of development process and tools
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation, interpersonal)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.