Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Our client is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help develop and maintain tests and tools that will ensure exceptional product standards and quality governance. This is a key role in which you will support team members’ testing levels by defining and enhancing the test framework. Successful candidates will be driven to provide high-quality solutions and will have a strong knowledge of automated testing.
As our Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will:
- Design and implement automated test framework and review test cases/scenarios based on requirements, data points and integrations for adequate coverage and correctness
- Enhance automation approach and current continuous testing capability
- Promote best practices for automation code development including documentation, maintainability and data-driven development
- Participate in gathering and analyzing testing metrics
- Work directly with team members at all stages of the development life cycle to ensure the highest standards of quality and testing
- Recommend process improvements to software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring
- Facilitate training and mentor team members on new testing practices as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- 10+ years’ professional experience with testing enterprise software products
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with test automation tools (Selenium preferred, with C# or Java)
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Strong foundational experience in implementing functional tests that require an understanding of application logic
- Experience working with relational databases and knowledge of SQL scripts
- Functional knowledge of Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Willing to rapidly adopt new technologies
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with developing performance and load tests using Visual Studio, JMeter or similar is nice to have
- Preferred knowledge of high-volume financial services
- Familiarity with Azure services is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.