Job Title: Senior Oracle Applications DBA
Our client is looking for a Senior Oracle Applications DBA who will take ownership of administering multiple databases and applications in a complex production support and Oracle applications environment. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with a global team of onshore and offshore DBAs, developers, and functional and testing teams.
Expert-level administration experience of R12 (12.2.X) Oracle EBS with Oracle RAC database is a must, as is hands-on experience with WebLogic/SOA Suite administration. The candidate will be extensively working on cloud migrations, Strong knowledge of the cloud including Oracle, Azure or AWS is a big plus, as you’ll also be performing heavy work with cloud migrations.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees.
As our Senior Oracle Applications DBA, you will:
- Perform routine Oracle APPS DBA duties with extensive support for the WebLogic/OSB/SOA suite
- Perform installations, upgrades, migrations, cloning and patch management of Oracle E-Business Suite environments (12.2.X)
- Perform application and database tuning, performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Handle custom code migration, data fixes and extracts, and fixing performance issues with the development team on a daily basis
- Manage and maintain Fusion Middleware environment 12.2
- Maintain and monitor Oracle cloud environments
- Install and configure Informatica Power Center and related products
- Oversee DEV/QA/UAT/PROD environments with High Availability and GRID setup
- Set up access roles and privileges, code page setups, ETL migration activities and scheduling jobs using Control-M or AutoSys
- Automate monitoring Informatica environments using Unix/Informatica command line language
- Support development teams with performance tuning and troubleshooting issues
- Manage routine Informatica component migration tasks
- Create new repositories from scratch, backup and restore
- Schedule and oversee Informatica repository backups
- Schedule and implement software patches and upgrades
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- 4 to 5+ years’ experience as Applications DBA
- 5+ years’ experience providing DBA support of Oracle E-Business Suite R12 (12.2.X) with Oracle Database 12c
- R12 RAC and 11gR2 RAC and Sun Solaris Unix administration experience is a must
- Knowledge of AD Utilities
- Experience in Oracle SOA/OSB, Fusion Middleware and Weblogic/SOA Suite administration
- Deep familiarity with Oracle DB Server performance tuning, backup and recovery methods
- Experience with Oracle Product Support for chasing and resolving SRs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to mentor junior team members
- Flexibility to work on-call on a monthly rotation, including weekends and morning/afternoon shifts when needed
- Experience with cloud infrastructure is nice to have, i.e., migrating applications to AWS and Azure, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server and Windows Server administration is nice to have
- Experience on Oracle Single Sign On (OID, OAM, OIM etc.) is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.