Technical Product Manager
Our client is looking for a Technical Product Manager to advance their digital transformation and deliver new capabilities and value to customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy, collaboration, and development of new features and/or products for optimum, positive outcomes. You’ll skillfully lead a team of engineers and partner with architects in breaking down an application into microservices, all while managing and communicating roadmaps, risks, and timelines to various stakeholders across the enterprise.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees.
As our Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Gather research information and analytics, deriving insights and any problems areas from the collected data
- Define and/or update business goals for new features
- Communicate and work together with the executive steering committee to receive input and effectively maneuver throughout roadmap prioritization, feature recommendations and progress
- Develop and maintain communication channels and mediums to work jointly with consumer application teams and business stakeholders
- Oversee the timely delivery of each milestone through exemplary team management and collaboration
What Gets You the Job?
- 4 to 8 years’ product management (or related) creating new products or features in line with product/company vision
- A strong focus on growth, innovation, and the customer experience
- Familiarity with writing clear and concise development stories for an Agile development team
- Proficiency with product management technologies and tools to establish and ensure an effective communication process
- Experience with initiating customer feedback loops in a product development environment
- Ability to translate product vision into tactical plan and drive its execution
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and utilize API usage metrics
- Experience with road mapping tools such as Product Plan, Roadmunk, etc.
- Knowledge of .NET, SQL, SDK, and microservices
- Proven track record of providing quality assurance and usability feedback on development builds
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.