Director of Systems Engineering
Our client is looking for a Director of Systems Engineering with hands-on electronic systems design experience. In this position, you will own and oversee technical tasks and schedules of research and development programs related to advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions. This is a highly-innovative company working with leading-edge technologies and experience rapid growth, making for an exciting place to work!
- Leading highly-skilled, cross-functional teams in identifying and resolving firmware, software, or electrical design issues
- Working on applied research projects, reliability analyses, worst-case analyses, EMI/EMC issues, and structural dynamics issues
- Managing budgets and performance
- Executing design, test, integration, and installation tasks
- Coordinating and effectively communicating with senior engineers and research scientists, ensuring technical specifications meet customers’ needs and requirements
- Preparation and presentation of schedule, budget, and designs to senior management and customers
- Provisioning detailed system/device specifications to manage specification trade-offs
- Writing and reviewing technical proposals
- Adherence and improvement of documentation procedures (AS9100 compliance)
What Gets You the Job?
- 5 to 7 year’s related experience, with a Masters in Electrical Engineering (Ph.D. preferred)
- Proven track record of managing, executing and delivering projects on time and within budget
- Hands-on experience building systems and programs involving analog, digital, and power supply circuit design, from inception through delivery
- Strong budgetary and analytical experience with a track record of providing cost-effective solutions and design changes
- Strong knowledge of PCB design and component layout
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary technical writing and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.