Be part of a brand new gaming application that has already seen huge success overseas! Our client is looking for an Engineering Director to build and lead a new software engineering team for global features implementation. In this role you will build a team from scratch and fortify them with software development principles and guidance in a manner that both challenges and inspires. Through effective leadership and coaching, you will monitor and drive team productivity, and bring new ideas that inspire innovative processes applied towards a successful implementation that meets business goals.
This is a 100% Remote role!!
- Effective team management including setting clear expectations and providing useful feedback
- Leading your team in requirements implementation and reviewing outcomes
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement within the software development life cycle and drive these to success
- Overseeing development of technical proposals including detailed costs and estimates for software projects
- Frequently communicating requirements, timeline, scope, and technical concerns with team, stakeholders, and upper management
What Gets You the Job?
To be considered for the role, candidates MUST HAVE:
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on full stack engineering experience working with Microservices, Kotlin for Android, Swift for iOS and work with databases including MongoDB and MySQL
- Cloud experience with GCP (preferred) or AWS
- Solid experience with GoLang
- Experience with community-based gaming/gamification. Streaming video experience is also highly preferred.
- At least 2 years of Strong leadership skills and a track record of effectively managing software development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with both business and technical users
- Nice to have: Scrum Master experience with cross-functional management skills;
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.