L3 Specialist Technician
Our client delivers global infrastructure technology support across cloud and on-prem environments offering unique engineering validation and deployment solutions to support data centers worldwide. They are looking for a L3 Specialist Technician to join their team!
In this role, you will define, develop, and implement external and internal customer initiatives, supporting servers at the company and at customer data centers. You’ll also collaborate with internal engineering departments, vendors, team leads and technicians, acting as subject matter expert on new products as they come about.
This role requires strong technical aptitude and analytical skills, with an ability to mentor and support service technicians and field deployments, both locally and in globally.
Additionally, you will:
- Perform failure analysis on field issues until root cause is determined
- Perform controlled testing of suspect hardware, system or firmware
- Track server fleet health to investigate trends and unknown issues
- Validate maintenance of customer SLA
- Maintain deployment equipment and software
- Investigate issues and prepare RCA/FA documents
- Perform real-time issue resolution during deployment execution
- Provide detailed, timely feedback to the engineering team on failures, serviceability of servers, and integration with the datacenter
- Contribute to knowledge library (i.e., knowledge articles, SOPs, guides, etc.)
- Perform training of new tools and technical processes for issues resolution
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ experience with server hardware and component and system type failures
- Certifications (i.e., CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, CCENT) or equivalent experience
- Proven knowledge of RCA or failure analysis history
- Familiarity with performing controlled experiments to determine root cause
- Solid experience with IPMI utilization in diagnostics and with FIO, IPMItool (IPMItool) (required), Prime95, Coretemp, Smartctl, Arcconf, MegaCLI, Memtest86 (nice to have)
- Experience administering diagnostics, tests, FW updates
- Working knowledge of deployment technologies such as WDS, PXE, DHCP and FTP
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to provide feedback
- Flexibility to travel to various sites to support servers
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 35 pounds
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.