Network Security Engineer
Our client is looking for a Network Security Engineer with Splunk experience to join their team! In this role, you will work closely with various personnel across the organization, contributing to the success of IT and business initiatives. You will assist the Security Architect in designing and operationalizing security solutions for multiple technical and support/operations functions. Your work will extend across technical and administrative controls that enable protection and availability of business and IT systems.
Successful candidates will have experience in the following technologies: UNIX/AIX, Microsoft NT/2000, firewall multi-layer design and implementation, router access list/packet filtering (CISCO), WANs, LANs, the Internet, Intranets, network protocols and network services (i.e., telnet, ftp, etc.), Intrusion detection systems, Virtual Private Network (VPN), two factor authentication.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading technical direction in the design and implementation of security solutions
- Overseeing, reporting and resolving security-related problems and discrepancies
- Teaming up with the Splunk admin and security engineering team partnering with applications owners
- Working with client managers, business customers, third-parties, vendors, and auditors
- Identifying vulnerabilities and making recommendations for resolution and improvements
- Perform product evaluation and purchase, installation, and support of security devices
- Assessing and managing information security risks to pre-existing current systems
What Gets You the Job?
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Splunk Enterprise Security and firm knowledge of Splunk Programming Language (SPL), alerting methods and dashboard creation
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with networking, intrusion detection, VPN, PKI, Next-Generation firewalls, NAC; Identity management and encryption technologies
- 5+ years’ experience in information security
- Preferred experience in cloud environments Proven track record of supporting and updating existing security systems, including automation of processes related to security implementations, monitoring, and enforcement
- Prior participation in technical risk assessments and security exposure analyses of systems, networks and business applications
- Experience in project planning for security service support (e.g., functional requirements, design specifications, testing and quality assurance, implementation, support)
- Experience with evaluating and implementing security devices (e.g., firewalls, IDS, IPS, threat correlation tools, vulnerability management tools, encryption capabilities, etc.)
- CISSP, GIAC, CCNA, CCNP preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.