IBM BigFix Engineer
Our client is looking for a IBM BigFix Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity. In this position, you will implement BigFix in support of our client’s Endpoint Configuration Management Program which will greatly impact multiple sites and departments across the enterprise. You will integrate and implement these new capabilities while managing existing functions. As a BigFix subject matter expert working with server administrators and security analysts, you will apply best practices and make informed recommendations throughout the process.
This role will be 100% remote until at least January 2021.
- Administer and utilize BigFix in daily operations
- Create new custom Fixlets, tasks, and policy actions
- Patch management including identifying new patches and updating baselines
- Install, monitor, maintain, tun, troubleshoot and upgrade BigFix relays and clients
- Create software packages, pushing and monitoring installation progress as well as troubleshoot systems which failed to installed patches
- Create custom Fixlets, analyses, scripting and relevance language to deploy software installation/uninstallation
- Create technical and process documentation on BigFix instance
- Create and maintain BigFix reports, trouble the client and relay communication issues
- Work cross-functionally with various business and technical groups as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ comprehensive experience with HCL/IBM Bigfix including BigFix Lifecycle, BigFix Compliance, BigFix Web Reports, BigFix Inventory, BigFix WebUI and BigFix Console
- Will consider equivalent experience with IBM Endpoint Manager or Tivoli Endpoint Manager
- Experience working as a security engineer or systems administrator in an enterprise setting
- Experience with automating functions such as server and workstation deployment and patches (Fixlets)
- Experience with creating/modifying custom Fixlets in BigFix Relevance and Action Script languages
- Ability to define Configuration Items and auto-discovery of Cis, and populate the Bigfix database
- Experience building Bigfix Compliance and Inventory modules
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux and MacOS operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of vulnerability remediation
Send us your application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.