Security Operations (SecOps) Engineer (Remote/WFH)
Our client is looking for a remote Security Operations (SecOps) Engineer to join their team! In this role, you will be responsible for protecting information systems and data from unauthorized activities. We’re looking for an engineer who can define an effective information security strategy with a focus on endpoint security solutions, and successfully integrate these technologies into corporate frameworks.
Further, you will:
- Protect information systems and data from prohibited access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording, destruction, etc.
- Analyze and recommend endpoint security controls and procedures and monitor for compliance
- Administer authentication and access controls including provisioning, changes, deprovisioning accounts, security/access roles, and access permissions to information assets
- Work with management to develop and execute plans for compliance and risk mitigation
- Coordinate and participate in risk and compliance assessments (internal and third-party)
- Monitor information systems for security incidents and vulnerabilities
- Provide level 2 support and troubleshooting on incidents
- Perform vulnerability remediations on endpoint security tools
- Perform risk assessments and interview internal and external customers
- Develop monitoring and visibility capabilities
- Provide weekly project status reports, including incidents, vulnerabilities, trends, and outstanding issues
- Coordinate activities with third-party incident responders as needed, including law enforcement
- Provide on-call support as needed for incident response and project support
What Gets You the Job?
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with IT security or information security for technical infrastructure, networks, databases and systems
- Minimum 1 year experience with security incident response related to SOC or Security Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, Telecommunications or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience with endpoint security including Symantec Endpoint Protection and Windows Defender ATP and related technologies
- Preferred experience providing information security implementation/support with regards to the following:
- Endpoint security – AntiVirus, DLP and host compliance
- Network security – IPS/IDS, traditional 5 tuple firewalls, next-gen firewalls, cloud security group, User Behavioral Analysts (UBA)
- Logging and monitoring: SIEM and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Data protection – encryption/decryption, HSM, KMS, DLP
- Azure/AWS cloud services and infrastructure
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CCNA, PCNSA or related
- Preferred experience working in a financial service organization
Send us your application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.