SQL DBA - Applications
Our client is looking for a SQL DBA for a long-term contract opportunity! In this role, you will work to provide operational services for their organization. As part of a collaborative team, you will also implement and maintain database security ensuring high availability and disaster recovery for a high-performance physical database environment. Key duties will involve fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, and more.
- Backup and recovery, access policy setup, data migrations, ETL operations, troubleshooting, replication, clustering, mirroring, and performance optimization
- Review service-related reports on a daily basis and respond to database-related alerts and escalations
- Collaborate with database engineering team to develop strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Implement data partitioning and database tuning for capacity planning
- Create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges
- Facilitate and oversee data services nightly jobs with across various organizational functions
- Assist with projects involving design and configuration of a high-performance SQL Server farm
- Support and implement backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Assist in troubleshooting server performance issues and setting up new databases
- Develop and maintain documentation and standards
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Experience with database optimization and performance tuning
- Programming experience with a focus on designing complex SQL queries and business components
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture
- Exposure to building dimensional data models
- Familiarity with SOX audit
- Preferred experience with Linux
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Self-motivated team player with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preferred experience in financial services and/or the mortgage industry
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.