Our client is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join their team! This is a role working on a cross-functional team as a Python developer. You will be responsible for the quality and coverage of product features through automated testing of web UI components, APIs, end-to-end and database applications. We’re looking for someone who can apply a hands-on collaborative approach within a fast-paced Agile environment.
Additionally, you will:
- Define scope and procedures for quality engineering of applications
- Work closely with scrum, development, and performance teams to coordinate test automation and performance testing of APIs
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to understand customer’s needs and address features of the application and database
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts using PyTest or other Python testing frameworks
- Execute backend data-driven tests
- Develop logically structured test plans, design detailed test cases, file defects, and generate reports
- Participate in the process and plan for extending and automating build tests
What Gets You the Job?
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, HTTP Requests, and SQL database with the ability to write SQL queries (PostgreSQL or SQL Server)
- Experience with testing and debugging REST APIs using Postman and automating API testing with Pytest
- Experience using JIRA and Zephyr (or similar), Gitlab CI (or similar CI/CD tools), Sauce Labs and Blazemeter
- Experience testing Big Data
- Familiarity with testing AWS services (Lambdas, S3, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Step Functions, Cloudwatch)
- Preferred experience testing in AI/ML projects
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and customer service
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- Preferred experience in financial services and/or mortgage industries
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.