Help Desk/Desktop Support
Our client, an international law firm, is looking for a Help Desk/Desktop Support specialist to join their team! In this role, you will support staff across the organization including senior leaders, technology managers, directors, and the CIO, serving as a key point of contact for a range of technology issues across the enterprise. You will also adequately support IT system engineers and resolve trouble tickets with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
Additionally, you will:
- Resolve end user calls over the phone, via email, or in-person, including issues with applications, computer hardware, printers, mobile devices, telephones, and basic network access
- Provide new hire training and desk-side education on all applicable technology
- Use an IT service management system to log user tickets, monitor ticket queue dashboard, and resolve assigned tickets, and document issues/troubleshooting efforts
- Resolve escalated incident tickets utilizing internal knowledge base, technical expertise, or in collaboration with team resources
- Further escalate tickets to appropriate support teams as appropriate
- Follow up on open issues/tickets and provide updates to end users
- Install, service and support Dell computer hardware
- Support maintenance activities in Active Directory (e.g., create/remove user accounts)
- Administer distribution lists, mobile devices and mailboxes within Microsoft Exchange Administrator console
- Set up conference room setup including video conferencing equipment, projectors, etc.
- Maintain server room and intermediate distribution frame rooms (e.g., racking/de-racking equipment)
- Maintain guest offices (e.g., imaging guest computers)
- Keep track of leased hardware and purchased inventory
- Participate in monthly IT maintenance server and desktop updates, and annual fire/life/safety shutdown testing
- Perform hardware lease returns (e.g., retrieval from users, wiping, and scheduling replacement as needed)
- PC, phone (VoIP), and new accounts set up and configuration
- Work with IT team members on testing software applications and deployed images
- Update and create technical documentation, and submit new knowledgebase articles as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation and responding to after-hour calls per SLAs
What Gets You the Job?
- 2+ years' experience supporting technology
- Prior experience working for an international law firm is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting experience (Windows 10)
- Familiarity with the full MS Office Suite (2013/2016/2019) with a focus on Word
- Expert-level skill supporting Citrix, including performance and connectivity issues
- Strong familiarity with legal applications such as document management systems, iManage, Docuserve, legal template and numbering software, document comparison software, timekeeping software, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Bachelor's Degree is nice to have
- Preferred experience with Active Directory and Dell computer hardware, Microsoft Exchange Administrator console
- Strong Windows 10 troubleshooting experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new software applications and packages
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.