Our client is looking for a driven Cloud Engineer to join their team! In this role, you will contribute to the operationalization and governance around our client’s public cloud infrastructure. You will collaborate with team members on cloud infrastructure components including (but not limited to) servers, network, storage, database, and applications. You will also support DevSecOps/SRE teams in monitoring availability, latency, and system health.
Successful candidates will have a passion for DevOps and willingness to learn new technologies as they pertain to production support, process improvement, and overall cloud platform management.
- Lead in efforts that establish baseline system performance, capacity planning, and forecasting
- Improve overall operational efficiency, system security, availability and performance
- Participate in cost reporting and capacity management of cloud services
- Design mechanisms for alerts and responses to identify and address reliability risks
- Implement security governance (CIS, NIST) to ensure compliance with infrastructure, applications, and access
- Streamline complex infrastructure and application capabilities
- Develop automated governance for effective and efficient use
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and colleagues across the enterprise
- Keep up-to-date with new and existing industry standards and technologies
- Provide cross-training and mentorship to other engineers
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar field or experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in an Infrastructure Engineering and/or Operations role
- 5+ years’ experience managing cloud solutions
- 3+ years’ development or scripting experience
- Prior cloud provider management experience (Azure preferred)
- Expert-level experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Foundational skill with understanding of automation and provisioning tools such as Terraform and Chef
- Experience with Azure AD, IAM and RBAC
- Preferred experience with Azure Policy, Log Analytics, Azure Monitor is a plus
- Familiarity with Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Exposure to the SDLC (CI/CD) and DevOps groups
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, Python) and/or experience with Kusto Query Language
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) working with vendors and internal teams
- Proficiency with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.