Staff Power Engineer
Our client is look for a Staff Power Engineer to join their team! In this position, you will perform power delivery development and testing of rack level solutions that meet data center requirements for customers. Key responsibilities will include selecting fitting components for AC/DC power delivery (Whips, Bus Bar, PDUs, and PSUs), as well as developing tools to qualify rack power interface into the data center. You will also test and debug issues with customers and suppliers, support cross-functional teams, and consistently work to improve tests through automation to improve overall efficiency.
- Work with suppliers to adequately review requirements, resolve bugs, report testing results, and provide feedback
- Evaluate power delivery from rack power inputs to servers and understand compatibility with data center power delivery systems
- Develop detailed testing plans for meeting customer data center power delivery requirements
- Develop new testing tools and equipment for qualifying racks that function in data centers with zero downtime
- Create detailed technical documentation and presentations for internal and external use
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 6 years’ related experience or equivalent in system hardware design with a focus on power
- Proven ability and experience working with suppliers, ODMs, and customers
- Firm knowledge and experience with power conversion stages/topologies in the 500W to 20KW power range (power factor correction, DC/DC, DC/AC, battery chargers/dischargers)
- General analog circuit design skills with the ability to develop new testing tools
- Experience with single phase and three phase lower voltage utility power delivery including UPS systems and generators
- Functional knowledge of lab equipment such as programmable AC sources, active DC loads, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, DVMs, signal generators, basic soldering tools
- Fundamental knowledge of regulatory requirements for safety and immunity/compatibility of power systems and components
- Core knowledge of battery systems for backup power systems
- Familiar with server power management protocols such as IPMI, PMBus, and SMBus
- Hands-on testing experience including automated testing
- Firm grasp of power electronics design and testing AC/DC power delivery systems
- A team player mentality and eager to grow skill set, with excellent prioritization and time management skills
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.