IT Specialist II
Our client, a non-profit providing services to people with physical and intellectual disabilities, is looking for an IT Specialist II to join their team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical support for Level I and II issues for users across environments including virtual desktop, SharePoint, and iSeries. Under general direction of the IT Director, you will respond to support calls, acting as an escalation point for the IT Specialist I and providing backup for the Technical Support Engineer as needed.
This position is located in Antelope Valley, CA.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify and diagnose users’ issues on technologies including IBM iSeries, virtual desktop, audio/video, VoIP, network, internet and email
- Troubleshoot networks, patch panels, and network switches as needed
- Prioritize and close tickets in a timely manner
- Track and confirm problem resolution through call-tracking application
- Respond to security incidents and review logs
- Escalate issues and suspicious activities as needed
- Communicate with users to resolve escalated issues
- Provide basic administrative support to Active Directory and Exchange environments
- Participate in supporting Windows servers and performing server-based functions as needed (i.e., create/modify network printers, stop/start server services, etc.)
- Support inventory application and processes
- Locate files and restore from backups
- Create knowledge articles for Level I staff
- Keep up to date with processes and procedures to provide excellent technical support
- Work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays
- Provide on-call emergency support as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- 2+ years’ experience in a Level II role providing support for Microsoft technologies inclusive of security, network and applications
- Preferred experience troubleshooting in a Citrix Xen Desktop/VDI computing or supporting a SharePoint environment (as least 1 year)
- Ability/experience supporting a department or organization of 100
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange Server, DDS, SANDIS (iSeries), SharePoint, SQL, Access, Juniper, Cisco, Barracuda, Thin Clients, Dell, Lenovo laptops
- Ability to create straightforward, user-friendly processes and relate technical information to non-technical users
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent – coursework in Computer Science or Business Administration (at least 2 years) is preferred
- Microsoft certifications preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with a strong focus on customer service
- Experience with technical analysis and issue resolution
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Non-profit experience is a plus
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.