Site Reliability Engineer
Our client is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their team! In this role, you will build fault-tolerant solutions that enhance and ensure the reliability, scalability and uptime of large-scale cloud software platforms. You will also collaborate with team members to setup, manage and troubleshoot public cloud environments, support and maintain pre and post go-live services, and monitor system health. Successful candidates will have a firm grasp of modern, cloud-centric architectures, DevOps principles, and automating tasks.
- Design mechanisms for alerts and responses to identify and address reliability risks
- Design and run performance, capacity and monitoring tests
- Participate in pre go-live activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, planning, and reviews
- Maintain post go-live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and system health
- Develop materials and documentation related to cloud platforms (sample apps, starter code, how-to guides and best practices, use cases, architectures, etc.)
- Participate in cloud native events (hackathons, live coding sessions, etc.)
What Gets You the Job?
- 5+ years’ of experience in an operations, DevOps, SRE, or software engineer role
- 5+ years’ development experience using Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, and/or Python
- 3+ years’ cloud development or administration experience on platforms such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Bluemix, Kubernetes, etc.
- PaaS cloud experience is a plus
- In-depth experience with automating manual processes and tests
- Proven experience with developing and deploying applications with an active user base
- Extensive experience in the change management process
- Experience with Splunk/Elasticsearch, Kibana, Datadog, Dynatrace, etc.
- Firm grasp of modern, cloud-centric architectures and DevOps principles
- Familiarity with software systems operations such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
- Experience with metrics collection, aggregation, visualization, inventory, capacity, and billing/tag management
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.