Systems Engineer II (Los Angeles area candidates only)
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer II to join their team! In this role, you will work closely with vendors, colleagues, managers, technology staff, and business clients to provide solutions at an enterprise level. This is a contract position starting remotely that will eventually move to an onsite role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating and implementing new software and hardware products into existing infrastructure
- Design business continuity plan strategies
- Engineer and test new technology solutions
- Create and adhere to remedial steps for issue resolution and outages
- Train support technicians on procedures developed during various processes
- Keep up to date with new and emerging technologies to best recommend enterprise solutions
- Act as project manager as needed for medium- to large-scale infrastructure projects
- Provide architecture, design and engineering support for level 1 infrastructure servers and services as needed
- Lead more junior systems engineers as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- 3 to 6 years’ comprehensive experience as a systems engineer
- Experience with Windows Server Administration
- Experience with Linux admin
- Ability to write SQL queries to extract and evaluate data
- Prior experience working with Workflow automation tools and scripting (Powershel, Bash, Korn, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work with ambiguous or limited requirements
- Excellent communication skills including collaboration and follow through with internal and external parties
- Strong knowledge of client server systems, knowledge of technology products, and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with directory, application permissions, logon/logoff services and messaging
- Exemplary discernment and decision-making skills
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.