Manager of Engineering-Broadcast Engineering/On-Air Distribution Systems (Colorado)
Our client is looking for an experienced Manager Project Engineering-Legacy/DevOps to join their team. In this position, you will work with engineering and operations partners to deliver key projects, reduce technical debt, and support dynamic, highly available, 24/7 environments. Reporting to the Director of Distribution Project Engineering, you will be responsible for a team of project and software engineers responsible for on-air distribution systems. This role is based in Centennial, CO.
This role is ideal for an media technology leader experienced with implementation with respects to automation and process improvement, resulting in improved reliability and stability of operations.
Key functions include:
- Identify opportunities to automate deployment of media processing/distribution infrastructure
- Implement solutions using configuration management tools and automation platforms (i.e., Ansible)
- Analyze, compile, and deliver concise reports detailing system performance and reliability
- Support process improvements and tracking/targeting any system defects
- Collaborate with internal engineering and technical teams to ensure understanding of production strategies and processes, successful project launches and handoff
- Work closely with on-site and remote technology vendors
- Recruit, manage, and develop technology staff as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Proven ability to effectively and successfully project manage an engineering team
- Strong experience with broadcast engineering in a fast-paced, 24/7 environment
- 3+ years’ technical leadership experience in a multi-channel transmission facility
- Experience with project delivery and technical debt reduction
- Strong understanding of video workflows
- In-depth knowledge of master control technologies, workflows, and satellite uplink systems
- Strong knowledge of video servers, IP-based infrastructures, software automation systems
- Understanding of video, audio and ancillary data protocols and technologies
- Strong familiarity with network infrastructure, topologies and protocols including IP Video technologies
- Experience with public cloud platforms (AWS), networking (including cloud-based environments), and CI/CD build and deployment
- Proficient with AUTOCAD, MS Office Suite, Windows, Linux, Mac OS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Preferred CCNA or MCSE certification
- Development or software troubleshooting experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, delegation, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Willing to work in Centennial, CO
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.