Project Engineer – Compression and Distribution (Denver, Colorado)
Our client is looking for a hands-on Project Engineer – Compression and Distribution to join their team! In this position, you will work closely with principal engineers and the entire engineering organization in a facility specializing in master control, origination, distribution and content preparation services. Key functions will involve commissioning on-air critical distribution systems, and developing engineering architecture and workflow for the entire facility. Successful candidates will have extensive engineering experience and knowledge of established video playout and distribution technologies.
- Compression and IP transport including statistical multiplexing and ABR/CBR using a variety of broadcast vendor technologies
- Work with IP transport including multicast/unicast, in-band signaling and out-of-band signaling
- Work with RF transmission including satellite uplink/downlink, IRD management
- Commission monitoring and control systems, automation systems, core IP routing systems, signal processing and other broadcast systems
- Partner with Technical Operations group to enhance existing system, workflow, and process
- Collaborate with Project Engineering group to ensure the architectural design aligns with overall design objectives
- Work with subject matter experts and vendors to resolve problems and identify opportunities to advance solutions
- Create conceptual documentation for systems, networks, policies, and procedures and communicate to the larger engineering and operations community
- Train a 24/7 engineering team in support of critical systems
- Act as Level II escalation support for core systems as needed
What Gets You the Job?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience with video compression, including in-band/out-of-band signaling
- Strong experience with video systems engineering troubleshooting
- IT infrastructure experience related to broadcasting, including networking, storage infrastructure, and database administration
- Preferred experience with virtual environments (i.e., VMware, Docker), cloud architectures (public and private), broadcast automation technology, and UHD encoding/distribution
- Flexibility to meet the needs of a 24/7 operation
- Wiling to work in Denver, Colorado
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.