Cloud Data Optimization Engineer
Our client, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, is looking for a Cloud Data Optimization Engineer to join their team! This is a highly analytical role requiring strong expertise in cloud, dev/data ops, and operational processes, with a focus on measuring cost, optimization, and overall business impact.
In this role, you will work with stakeholders and various technical and leadership teams to help develop a robust program for Snowflake Cloud management frameworks. This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from talented teams in the entertainment industry, with an offer of competitive compensation packages and great benefits.
- Process high value data using Snowflake, Redshift, Databricks, and other relevant cloud technologies
- Oversee the existing Snowflake Cloud environment including automation, metrics, disaster recovery/backup, and capacity planning
- Participate in Snowflake IAM and Role Management and provisioning assets
- Design framework solutions for reliability and performance at scale
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to determine cloud optimization, costs, and overall business impact
- Provide stakeholders with tools to develop and measure cost-related insights, metrics, and KPIs
- Assist with training budget owners and engineers in cloud optimization and governance areas
- Create and update project documentation for design, development, and deployment
- Create, implement, and administer development, data ops, and cloud processes/best practices
- Routine systems administration of cloud production and non-production environments
- Process improvement, task automation, evaluate/implement new tools
- Keep current with best practices and technologies
What Gets You the Job?
- 10+ years’ professional experience
- At least 3 years working in a Snowflake cloud environment with experience in:
- Snowflake Data Sharing, Cloning, Data Exchange features
- IAM and Role Management
- Snowflake DR/Data Replication features
- Experience with Git development and deployment providing support of data processes and procedures
- Familiar with AWS, Azure, and Google cloud services (e.g., S3, Glue, Blob, EC2, Containers, etc.)
- Experience working with key technical and business team members to determine cloud optimization, costs, and overall business impact
- Some knowledge of data modelling and data model tools is preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments, networking and tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience in BI tools, Python, ELT/ETL Frameworks, cloud operational monitoring and administration, cataloging and data governance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field is preferred
- Snow Pro Core certification is a huge plus
- Some media experience is a plus
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.