Principal Cloud Architect
Our client is looking for a Principal Cloud Architect to join their team! In this position, you will work directly with cloud users to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements. This role is focused on ensuring success in the design, build, migration and deployment of applications, software, and services on AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
- Provide large-scale computing solutions and lead deep software and infrastructure discussions to ensure scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Assist with design and implementation of security and forensics capabilities, ensuring governance across multiple cloud venues, private and public
- Ensure overall performance, reliability, security, and scalability of applications
- Write code and scripts for automation
- Contribute to and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed
- Support the organization model and platform roadmap required to achieve target state
- Drive discussions with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmaps into releases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop target state cloud architecture
- Facilitate decision-making among teams and drive technical designs to consensus and approval
- Promote adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Develop reference architectures, publish design patterns, and communicate internally and publicly
- Keep up to date with technologies, services, tools, and multiple cloud vendors
- Make informed recommendations to help guide executive decisions
What Gets You the Job?
- Experience in cloud architecture, transformation strategy, and product architecture
- Extensive knowledge of public and private cloud technologies
- Experience with building cloud native and 12-factor applications
- Scripting experience using Bash, Python or other programming languages
- Strong troubleshooting experience involving large-scale distributed computing systems and software
- Some experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with data modeling tools and database design
- Firm grasp of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment and cloud delivery models
- Experience with infrastructure design and server infrastructure implementation
- Experience in deploying production workloads using AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and agile principles
- Understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing
- Experience with Linux systems administration across distributions in cloud or virtualized environments
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Willingness to mentor fellow engineers and technical staff is a plus
Preferred experience with the following:
- AWS, Azure, and/or GCP; Node.js, and Perl; XML, JSON, and design of binary data formats
- Git and GitHub; clustering and load balancing technologies; CI/CD tools and systems; Docker and Kubernetes
- Terraform, Ansible, or Chef/Puppet; web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls and application delivery controllers
- HTTP, TCP/IP, DHCP DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols, traffic scaling
- NoSQL, NAS, and object stores; Agile, including Scrum and Kanban
- Software development in a DevOps culture; open source software solutions
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.